Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

151 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes increased frequency of urination?

Answered by
Dr. Madhuri N Bagde


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 1390 Questions

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: For the last two weeks I have had clear urine and it fells like I have to peep a hole lot but maybe a tablespoon is all that comes out,today more pee came out,but still clear and also today my lower spine has hurt none stop, what do you think is happening to me? thank you.

Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like a urine infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Please do not worry. These are common issues.
If there is increased frequency of urination [ even if it is clear] with small amounts passed each time then it is more likely due to an infection of the urinary tract. If there is associated backache then possibility of the infection going up or a urinary stone is there.

As of now, the best home remedy is to drink lots of water [ 4-5 litres in a day] to flush out the bacteria. Also do not drink or eat food that is acidic like sour, bitter or hot and spicy food. Urinary alkalisers like citralka syrup with water are also useful.

If the increased frequency still continues, a urine examination and use of antibiotics like nitrofurantoin or ciprofloxacin help in relief of symptoms. If the pain is severe then anti spasmodic tablets like combination of dicyclomine and mefenamic acid can be used after prescription.

So do not worry, drink a lot of water and avoid sour food, use alkaliser syrups and if symptoms persist get a urine examination and antibiotics.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Backache

doctor1 MD

I have constant diarrhea and use the toilet upto 15 times a day which i have no control over and must reach the toilet within minutes or ill have an accident, i also have blood in my stools, get hemeroids alot, really bad stomach cramps and backache always tired and get alot of headaches, doesnt matter what food i eat my stomach has a reaction to it

doctor1 MD

Hello, I had two days of blood in urine and clots, no other symptoms. But today a backache. My doctor first said there was bacteria, then not. I have low white cell count of 4 and very high red of 100. What should I do next? I think I might have a kidney stone or bladder cancer after doint my research.

doctor1 MD

hello i am 25 yrs old and have 4 kids. this is my list of symptoms..... i need to wee all the time (10 times during day,3 during night),i need to poo at least 4 times a day,my stomach is bloated,i feel nausias a lot,i have lots of heartburn,i have lost my appetite,im tired all the time,my back aches and i havnt hat a period since last september. im not pregnant and my doctor diagnosed PCOS (due to ther being a high level of LH in my blood) and put the rest down to IBS

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor,

Im chandan Age 32, Doctor, i dont feel hugry now a days. And some times im unable to sit in my office chair as i feel too much back ache. When i drink water / when i have little food i feel i had too much and my stomach becomes too tight.

Please tell me what could be the reason for this.



doctor1 MD

My wife has a sudden onset of adominable cramps, lower backache diarrhea with blood in the stool. No temperature . Do I need to take her to the emergency room?

doctor1 MD

I have a dull pain in my left abodmen and mid and upper back, sometimes its a spasm. My left shoulder also sometimes hurts or burns. Now i feel the pain radiating to my right side of my abodmen and lower back. I had a baby in XXXXXXX what could...

doctor1 MD

My doc started me in metformin in august 2017 for suspected pcoc(hasn't been confirmed). I have insulin issues. Periods were absent since November 2014 when i got pregnant with my son. I started on 1000mg a day, got one period(sept 2, 2017) and...