What causes increased ESR levels when suffering from gastritis?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Hi,
Currently I am suffering stomach pain with gastritis and some time back bone pain also happen. I visited the Gastroenterologist in XXXXXXX and he asked me for test. I believe the doctor because previously I gone through treatment from him and it cured me.

Just to curious to know about the ESR. I am seeing my ESR increased to 20 from few long time like 7 to 8 months. Is something I need to worry about it?

He asked for test of Vitamin B12, Ultrasound Abdomen & Pelvis, Liver Function test, Thyroid Stimulating, Complete blood count with ESR, Glucose

When I search in Google, I found lot of things which scared me.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
All Data On Net Is Not Authentic

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

Have gone through your reports, most are normal, except fatty liver grade I

If used to taking Alcohol avoid taking it

Raised ESR is non specific and has no importance whatsoever

Vit B12 etc is normal, Reassure yourself and avoid spicy, junk fermented meals

Do not google a lot, all data on net is not authentic

Have faith in your doctor and continue with the treatment
Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Hi Dr. Ajit,
Thank you for your response and help !!!

This really helps me and but worried if ESR will not be the early sign of bigger thing.

I take alcohol very occasionally but I eat chicken lot like Grill Chicken, Tandoor Chicken. I have very weakness on this chicken items. I will stop the alcohol and reduce the chicken as well.

Is there any medicine or home made remedy like any type of fruit which I can take regularly for Gas ?

Already I scheduled the appointment with my doctor tomorrow and I will let you know the medicine he suggests. Still I have pain in my stomach so I am little worried about it.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in again

ESR values of 20 are of no problem

Avoid Non Veg as it will aggravate even though if it is not responsible for it

I would suggest you avoid any liquid from outside and take only fresh food

Banana has been found to be of help in patients with Acidity

Eno helps in emergency, otherwise medications are the best

Do write back once you see your doctor

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari