What causes increase in thickness of endometrium?
The thick endometrium is responsible for the profuse bleeding!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this profuse bleeding and all the findings you have reported. Bleeding comes from the endometrium and when it is too thick, the bleeding would be profuse as well. At your age, hormonal dysfunction is the most likely cause of this. As it sloughs off, the bleeding would get a lot lesser. I will recommend that you simply monitor and if this repeats itself, then we would consider medical treatment at that time.
Did you have any abnormalities with the ovaries as this could be more common in persons with polycystic kidney disease?
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
That is explained by the observed thickness!
I understand your concerns. Monitoring would provide more insights and whether there is need for further aggressive management.
Let's stay in touch. I will recommend iron pills to compensate fro the blood loss. Regular exercise, healthy diet, no smoking, minimal alcohol, fruits and vegetables and above all a positive mindset are the best kept secrets of good health.
Food for thought!
Please, upload the full results!
Please, upload the result sheet for further interpretation and insights from me.
NA 135 - 148 mmol/L 139
K 3.5 - 5.1 mmol/L 3.9
CL 98 - 109 mmol/L 102
CO2 25 - 33 mmol/L 23
GLUCOSE 70 - 110 mg/dL 84
BUN 7 - 18 mg/dL 16
CREA 0.40 - 1.00 mg/dL 0.50
IDMS traceable creatinine
Calcium 8.8 - 10.5 mg/dL 9.5
Total protein 6.4 - 8.2 g/dL 8.1
ALBUMIN 3.1 - 4.7 g/dL 4.3
BILIRUBIN TOTAL 0.2 - 1.5 mg/dL 0.2
ALK PHOS 46 - 116 U/L 119
AST 1 - 37 U/L 16
ALT 1 - 65 U/L 29
ANION GAP 7 - 16 mmol/L 14
Estimated GFR >60 ml/min/1.73m2 >60
GFR <60: Chronic kidney disease, if found over a 3 month period.
GFR <15: Kidney failure.
For XXXXXXX Americans, multiply the calculated GFR by 1.210
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Endometrium disorder causes
- Hyperprolactinemia, hypoplastic endometrium causes
- What is the cause of endometrium thickness 14mm
- Causes of thick endometrium after menopause
- What causes variation in endometrium thickness
- What causes hyperechoic endometrium
- Drugs causing thin endometrium
- Proliferative endometrium cyst causes
- Does endometrium thickness cause irregular periods
- Caffiene cause thick endometrium
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?