What causes increase in temperature in face and hands?
I'm writing just to get a second opinion as this issue is causing me very bad anxiety.
My face has been feeling quite hot for the past couple days, I'm really worried about diabetes as it runs in my family, and i've just had fairly bad pancreatitis about a month ago because of Crohns medications.
I can't tell if the hot face comes after drinking sugary stuff, and my hands occasionally feel hot aswell, I talked to a doctor and he said its unlikely to be diabetes as i don't have any other symptoms. It really worries me, and i'd like a second opinion about it, so that i stress less.
So, hot face, sometimes hot hands, cannot tell what causes it, and its not all the time, I dont urinate or eat more than normal or anything, but it still scares me quite a bit.
Not likely diabetes
Hello and thank you for your question.
I agree with your doctor that the feeling of a hot face and hot hands are unlikely to be diabetes. However, it is a simple test to check your sugar and it would be good for you to have that done if diabetes runs in your family.
One condition that could cause that is hyperthyroidism and having your doctor check thyroid tests may be a good thing as well. People with hyperthyroidism also tend to have diarrhea, weight loss and insomnia so not sure if any of that applies to you.
If you have noticed that certain foods like sugary drinks cause your symptoms, it would be good to avoid them. Also limiting alcohol and caffeine may help as both of them can cause flushing in some people.
I hope you figure this out soon. Do not be afraid, just talk to your doctor and work on dietary changes.
Wishing you good health.
Thanks for using HCM.
My thyroids have been tested about 2 weeks ago, all was fine. But i definitely think that sugary drinks are causing it in some way, i really hope thats not a bad sign.
I have been having insomnia, but most likely related to the anxiety that im getting over this issue.
could be sugary drinks
Hello and thank you for your follow up.
It could be the sugary drinks causing your symptoms, but that is not a bad sign at all. In fact, it just your body telling you that the sugar is not good for you and that is a good thing. Also high sugar diets especially in the evening can worsen insomnia by raising your sugar then letting it crash late in the evening or early in the morning waking you up with low sugar. Again, this is not a bad sign, this can happen to any of us.
We would all be better off if we lowered the sugar and starch content in our diets. Sugary drinks are one of the worse things we can do to our bodies, they fill us with useless calories and provide no nutrition. Don't worry, just listen to your body. Since your labs are normal you can relax.
Good health to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What temperature will cause burns
- What causes increased discharge
- Causes of increased body temperatures
- What causes numbness in my hands and face
- What causes cold and increased body temperature at night
- What temperature causes frostbite
- What causes triglycerides to increase
- What causes crp to increase
- What causes high temperature
- What causes increase in body temperature as the day passes
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?