What causes increase in blood sugar level?
Stopping of insulin is not a good idea
Dear XXXXXXX I can understand your concern. in my opinion stopping insulin is not a good idea.
you did a great job by cutting down insulin but it's highly recommended to be on milder insulin like Lantus or Levimer
this new insulins are called basal insulin which are having very low incidence of hypoglycemia and very much recommended in elderly individuals.
continuing metformin is a good idea.
since sugars are slightly high I suggest you to meet a doctor and restart your insulin regime with basal and bolus combination.
bitten by spider might also added some increase of sugars by increasing anxiety.
Mostly they are known to cause allergic reactions than hyperglycemia.
I suggest you meet your doc and take advise on straying new insulin and new medications like Dpp4 inhibitors which are having very low rate of hypoglycemia .
kindly let me know your duration of diabetes and since when you are on insulin.
I am ready for further discussion
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of high sugar levels
- What causes high blood sugar level in children
- Cause high blood sugar level
- What causes random increase in sugar levels
- Will chantix cause blood sugar to increase
- What causes drop in blood sugar level
- What causes increase in the sugar levels
- What causes sugar levels to rise
- What causes increase in fasting blood sugar level
- What causes spike in blood sugar level