What causes incomplete bowel movement, itching around anus and UTI?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi XXXXXXX

I am 27 years old female, I was having stool issues since over 2 weeks (after waking up for couple of hours I felt that I will have to go again but even after using the toilet I felt that it is still not done completely, also there is itching sometimes in the anus) and recently since 4 days I have been having UTI issues (burning urine, stomach pain mostly on the left downwards but sometimes even on the right side not sure if it is due to the stool or urine issue) I have been drinking plenty of water but I have also drank some beer and being a smoker I have smoked some cigarettes and weed, I have stopped all of that since yesterday, but it is still not helping. I am currently having both the stool and urine issues. Also the nerves in left and right side of my forehead paining constantly. Can you suggest some syrup or anything that can help?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
some investigations are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. Following investigations may be helpful :-
1. Urine examination ( Routine / Microscopic and Culture / Sensitivity ).
2. Stool examination.
3. Complete Blood Count ( CBC ).
4. Temperature charting.
You can take Disodium Hydrogen Citrate syrup in diluted form (disolve 5 ml syrup in half glass of water) and take it three times daily. This may help in relieving your urinary symptoms. Further medical management can be planned according to the reports of the above mentioned investigations.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist