What causes impotency?

Posted on Fri, 13 Mar 2015 in General Health
Question: What is the cure for youth impotance
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 27 minutes later
thank you for posting your query in healthcaremagic.com

well there are many reasons for impotence in young male like-
neurogenic causes
local causes like peyronie disease
diabetes mellitus
smoking
some drugs

cure depends on the cause
drugs like sildenafil, tadalafil, alprostadil are effective
also papaverine etc are useful
vacuum erection devices and sometimes surgical treatment is used

regards
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
I think it is from over masterbation,what medicine or the best advice you can give,would be very gratefull
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Over masturbation does not cause impotency

Detailed Answer:
Hello

My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Over masturbation does not cause impotency until or unless there is some other underlying cause going. Impotency needs first to be evaluated. I would suggest you to visit hospital and get an appointment with a urologist or medical specialist. Both can help you in this case. Treatment depends upon finding the cause. If there is some disease which is preventing the formation of sperms then medication is given for it or surgical treatment(depends upon the disease). Similarly if there is erection problem then treatment is advised accordingly.

Suggestion:
Visit hospital and get an appointment for medical specialist. He will perform some investigations like Ultrasound scrotum and serum hormone levels (testosterone). They will help to reach the definitive diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf