What causes hypothyroidism?
there is a genetic basis is some types/causes of hypothyroidism
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
There are different causes/types of hypothyroidism.
The thyroid hormones are made in the thyroid gland but this gland is affected by other glands in the brain.
Hypothyroidism can be due to problems with the thyroid gland itself or may be related to the other glands in the brain.
Genetics do play a role in the autoimmune (body attacking itself) cause of hypothyroidism and also the type that occurs in children
If you have autoimmune hypothyroidism , then it is possible that there is a genetic part to it
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dizziness while taking methimazole for hypothyroidism
- What causes pregnancy symptoms when having hypothyroidism
- What causes a spike in blood pressure and hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism causes
- What causes cellulitislynphedema in legsphenigus with hypothyroidism
- What causes perimenopausal symptoms with hypothyroidism
- What causes leg swelling when on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism
- What causes lef swelling when on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism
- What causes a spike in blood pressure and a spike in hypothyroidism
- What is the cause of severe headache while having hypothyroidism