What causes hypothermia in an elderly person?
most likely sepsis
Thanks for your query.
These conditions don't cause hypothermia by themselves. The white cells and and crp are high. White cell may be high because of myeloproliferative disease but CRP will not be raised without some acute condition like infection. So these favor a diagnosis of infection (sepsis).
These conditions predispose to infections as the patient is not having full immunity. Hence sepsis is always a possibility.
I think he may benefit from intravenous antibiotics.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Norvasc and hypothermia in the elderly
- Hypothermia causes
- Causes of chronic hypothermia
- Borderline hypothermia causes
- Hypothermia causing seizure
- Voice of person with hypothermia
- Drugs that cause hypothermia
- Causes of hypothermia in adults
- What are the symptoms of hypothermia?
- What is considered hypothermia
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?