What causes hypertension in a patient with heart failure?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 2 Sep 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i am a heart failure patient, hypertension, enlarged heart, damaged mitral valve...can i safely have a neck nerve ablasion done? i am 75 years old
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My detailed answer will be as below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that if the nerve ablation is being getting done under regional block then the risk is slightly less.

As your cardiac function is less so any type of surgery using general anaesthesia will involve increased risk of cardiac events. For what issue you are getting this neck nerve ablation done ?

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
THANK YOU IMMEASURABLY FOR YOUR REPLY. AFTER LIDOCAINE INJECTIONS I WAS GIVEN A RIGHT SIDE NECK NERVE ABLASION..WITH A PROTECTIVE RING FOR MY PACE MAKER. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY REAL RESULTS AND IT IS BEING PROPOSED I DO THE LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK WHICH I DO NOT WANT TO DO. I WAS NOT GIVEN ANESTETIA BUT SOMETHING "LOCAL". IT WAS OFFERED TO A SPINE EPIDURAL FOR MY BACK AND LEG ARTHRITIS OSTEOPORIOSIS. I DO NOT LIKE ALL THIS INVASIVE PROCEDURES WHEN MY 2 HYDROCODONE 10-325 WORKED SO WELL . I FEEL I SHOULD DECLINE ANY FURTHER ABLASIONS MUCH LESS EPIDURALS. I HAVE ADVANCED DEGENATIVE OSTEOARTHRITIS THROUGHOUT MY BODY...SPURS..FIBRAMYGELIA. THANK YOU SO MUCH
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Its a honor helping someone in need.

Yes in my opinion if the hydrocodone is helping you then you can stick with your decision safely.

If you have any other doubts you can ask me back or else you can close the discussion and leave your valuable feedback.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng