What causes huge bulging on one side of abdomen?
Surgery is the best treatment.
Thanks for posting your query.
The huge bulging on one side of abdomen that you have is due to atrophy of rectus abdominis. Any strengthening exercises can correct only a minor weakness of the muscle. The atrophied muscle can only be fixed surgically.
Your surgeon can best assess regarding your fitness for surgery. In case you are not fit for surgery then using an abdominal belt for holding the atrophied muscles is the only option left.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Mesh fixation will help.
Thanks for writing again.
Only a superficial fix is not likely to help as the muscle has atrophied. It is not a usual problem after surgery. This can happen due to a nerve injury. A mesh fixation will be a better option and will help in preventing a relapse. A plastic surgeon or a general surgeon should be able to fix the problem well.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bulging on upper spine
- What causes hypokalemia and distended abdomen
- What causes itchy rash on abdomen
- Causes of twinges of side abdomen
- What causes pain in joints and abdomen
- What is the cause for the bruises on my abdomen
- What are the causes of abdomen pain
- What is the cause for bloating and pain in abdomen
- What causes bulging discs
- What causes distended abdomen and bloating