What causes hot spots on skin while suffering from hemochromatosis?
Also have been on budesomide for 3 months for colitis (3 capsx30, 2capsx30, 1capx )
I have been experiencing hot spots on my skin for past 2 weeks. Sometimes my stomached, sometimes back/front of thighs, sometimes feet. Would like to get to bottom of this?
Could this be a result of Anemia? Or reaction to budesomide ?
Its not due to anemia or budesomide.
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
You are suffering from hemochromatosis.
Your skin hot spot may be due to hemochromatosis. Many times its leads to iron deposition and bronze discolouration of skin.
However it is reversible. Once you controlled your iron and ferritin level it get reverse.
Anemia or budesomide generally don't cause this type of spots.
Please send me your complete blood count report and picture of that spot so that I can help you further.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Primary hemochromatosis causes
- Hemochromatosis causes
- Does hemochromatosis cause blood clots
- Idiopathic hemochromatosis causes
- Genetic hemochromatosis causes
- Can smoking weed cause hemochromatosis
- Hemochromatosis caused by alcohol
- Can hemochromatosis cause pancreatitis
- Hereditary hemochromatosis causes
- Can hemochromatosis cause anemia