question-icon

What causes hot sensation on face and neck after having Ciprofloxacin?

Posted on Mon, 25 May 2015
Question: I'm having severe heat in my face and neck that comes in cycles every 24 to 30 hours. It's become almost unbearable and there is no pain. It was caused by a reaction to Cipro. I was fine before that. It was prescribed for a UTI. This has been happening for 28 months now. I think it,s nerve damage. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hormonal or nutritional imbalances or local allergy, Nerve damage unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I share your concern

Looking at your history such symptoms could be related to hormonal imbalances, Nutritional deficiency or thyroid disease or an allergy

I would advise you consult your family doctor for a battery of tests like blood for hemoglobin, CBC Liver and thyroid function test, blood sugar Hormonal assessment for sex and steroid hormones (estrogen and glucocorticoids) after ruling out local allergy.

You may require a hormone replacement therapy once diagnosis confirms
So you need not to worry until diagnosis confirms
Have multivitamin and minerals supplements
You can apply calamine lotion or sun screen lotion during an episode of felling heat .
Avoid direct exposure to sunlight or any allergen if you can find any.

Hope this helps you
Follow up questions are most welcome
Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. BR Hudda