What causes hot flashes with cervical spondylitis?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
I went to see a Chiro Doctor and he said my C4 / C5 where out of place and he adjusted me. But I have been getting Hot Flashes and feel kinda funky also but they only last a few seconds and then gone could this be from the C4 ?
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cervical nerve compression/ impingement suspected.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

The history posted by you is suggestive of cervical spondylitis wherein there is some change in position of the cervical vertebrae with respect to each other.
Cervical spondylitis can lead to pain and tingling sensation radiating down to the arms.
These symptoms are due to impingement of the cervical nerves.
Hot flushes also are probably due to compression or impingement of the cervical nerve.

However, further investigations are required to confirm.
A MRI of the cervical spine will help to ascertain the site of impingement if present.
Further management can be planned after the investigations.
Consult an orthopedician for further work up.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal