What causes hot flashes post hysterectomy?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Blood Disorders
Question: hi my name is XXXXXXX for quite a few years i have had the feeling that the inside of my body is on fire especially at nit I have had a historecomy when I was in my late 30's Im 62 know I have never been on hormone repalcement thearpy because of the large amount of cancer in my family It is getting really out of control. I do suffer from anixetty Please see if you can have any suggestions or who I should be seeing I alos suffer fromsevere migrains siince I was 13 years old
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hormone therapy advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion you are suffering from hot flushes as a side effect of hysterectomy.
It usually gets relieved in 3-5 years after menopause (natural or surgical menopause).
But since you are still bothered you should visit your gynecologist and opt for hormone therapy.
Tibolone is a very effective drug and discuss with your gynecologist and have a prescription for the same as it is not an over the counter drug.
Till then try simple measures -
- drink ample amount of water and fruit juices
- take walnuts and almonds daily
- take soya proteins daily
- avoid hot and humid climates.
- avoid stress or anxiety as much as possible.
All the best.
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN