• question-icon

What causes hot flashes and mood swings in a 41 year old?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have several symptoms going on and I need answers please
I have hot flashes bad and then I get so cold I can't stand it
My whole body hurts so bad I don't like moving
I have a sore throat and the roof of my mouth is sore
I have lost a lot of weight and I'm not trying
I'm having bad depression and anxiety
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be secondary to menopause.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your symptoms suggest you are suffering from Hot flushes and mood swings secondary to Menopause. Kindly don't worry as it is not a disease and almost every woman of your age experiences this.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that he/she may examine you and rule out what exactly is causing your Symptoms and Many effective treatments are available, from lifestyle adjustments to hormone therapy or low dose antidepressants, if the symptoms get severe.

Bring in some lifestyle changes:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and Green leafy vegetables.
2.) Avoid high calorie foods and saturated fats.
3.) Exercise regularly for an hour and brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes daily and maintain a healthy weight
4.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism
5.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
6.) make sleep a priority and sleep for a minimum of 8 hours daily

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN