What causes hot flashes and itching on the face and neck?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: male 27. I am experiencing hot flushes and itching when I try to sleep. I have suffered from this for 2 years however its becomming more troublesome recently. The itching is on my face and kneck and hot flushes on my chest and face. im also very sweaty at night time and have to lay with the window open; even in the winter.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
it seems to be allergic.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms are allergic in nature.
You should try to find out and avoid the causative agent which may be any new cream, moisturiser, fabric of your night dress, mosquito repellant, etc.
I would advise that you should take an antihistamine like Fexofenadine 120 mg once a day for 5 days. Also get deworming done by taking Albendazole 400 mg at night for one night only.
Of the symptoms persists, get yourself clinically examined and investigated by your doctor.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T