question-icon

What causes hot flashes and bad under arm odour in an elderly woman?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016
Question: I am a 63 years old woman. I had a Hyst. in 1998, a complete hyst., now in the last two years I have had bad under arm odor and hot flashes have started again. what is going on?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Hot flashes due to hormone deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Hot flashes are common in post menopausal or post hysterectomy stage as it is due to deficiency of hormones released by ovaries.
Bad under arm odour is not related to hysterectomy and you should consult a dermatologist for proper examination and treatment accordingly.
If hot flashes are severe, then you can take hormone replacement therapy after consulting your doctor.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine