What causes hot ears after treatment of poison ivy?

Question
Hi, I have been treating myself for what looks and feels like poison ivy. Using hrydrocortisone cream, calamine lotion and a little oral benedril. Symtoms are mostly gone but have recently in past hour or so noticed hot ears. Was sitting outside for an hour but in the shade. Any side effects from medicine or anything I should be concerned about? Thank You. XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS, DONT WORRY

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Hot ears is a purely circulation issue and doesn't indicate an allergic response. It resolves with time if its bothersome, you can take tab propranolol which is a beta blocker in low dose for it after consulting your doctor.

Topical creams have no systemic side effects ,only local. Benadryl has mainly CNS side effects
sedation , confusion, dizziness, pharyngeal dryness, tachycardia and others.

let me know if you have any other query if not, please close the discussion and rate my answer.

have a nice day
thanks.