What causes hot breath?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
hi

I feel hot breath from mouth always used ppi but not got any result please advice me what problem could be and what should I do ?
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get your thyroid hormones checked...

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query. I'll try my best to help you out with this problem.

Hot breath could be due to various causes. To name a few:
1. Dry or hot and humid climate
2. Increased body temperature, as in fever
3. Hormonal imbalance
4. Smoking
5. Dehydration

Your history doesn't suggest of any smoking habits or fever. Hence, other causes need to be ruled out.

My suggestion to you is to consume plenty of water in the room temperature and get your thyroid hormones evaluated.

Hope this answer has been useful to you. I'll be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon

Follow-up: What causes hot breath? 19 minutes later
Thanks for your answer Sir , you mean to say i have to go for a test of thyroid t3,t4 and tsh . that i already have been taken and all are in normal range. is it ok? or any other test i have should go for ?

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get CT scan if the paranasal sinuses...

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Welcome back

It's good to know that your Thyroid function tests are normal.

In that case, you need to get CT scan of the paranasal sinuses to look for any sinus blockage. Sinus block can lead to mouth breathing and thus hot breath.

Wish you good luck.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon