What causes hot and cold sensations after having Carbimoze?

Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: hI i recently got admitted in a hospital. The initial problem was high heart beating. The Doctor told it is a condition called Atrial fibrillation (AF). On diagnosing they found my T4 was slighlty elevated above 5.4 above the normal range and my TSH was low to zero. According to the drs conclusion my conditions are Paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and thyrotoxicos. I was then given carbimoze to lower TSH 10mg morning and 5 mg evening, and amiodarane 200mg daily and paradaxa 110mg for one month. I am not get well with this drugs. i feel my body temperature inside is hot and my feet feel cold and have sleep problem. I am to see my doctor in two weeks. kindly help
I wish to correct an earlier statement I made; i meant to say i have no any known medical problem previously. thanks
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
hello

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Good day.
I guess I answered your question already.
We need little bit more information. Do you have an enlarged thyroid gland? Did you use Amiodarone anytime in the past?

We need to identify the cause of thyrotoxicosis .Because , some type of thyrotoxicosis do not require Carbimazole. You may need a thyroid nuclear scan +/- TSH receptor antibody test. This will give a clue about the exact reason of thyrotoxicosis. Again I feel the dose of Carbimazole is inadequate to control the situation.

It takes up to 3 to 4 weeks for hormone control Nd after that you may feel better. Did you meet an endocrinologist? May I request you to attach the full reports of your blood tests if available?
Binu