What causes hoarseness in voice?
Your fears are genuine but not founded now!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this hoarse voice. I understand how terrible you must be feeling about this with the added fear of cancer of the throat. Cancer of the throat could be a possible cause of this hoarseness, but with acid problems on board, cancer of the throat cannot be the primary suspect unless more information suggests so.
Acid problems are one of the leading causes of chronic cough and hoarse voice. This would need proper treatment before concluding that this hoarseness could be cause by something else like cancer. I think zantac may not be sufficient treatment for this and more potent drugs like omeprazole should be used. If these, alongside diet and life style changes fails to help, there would be need for you to under go more testing.
In all, the hoarseness is more likely caused by the acid problems than cancer. I will suggest that you get the acid problems treatment optimized by your treating physician. If these fail to resolve the symptoms, them more aggressive investigations would be considered.
I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a hoarse cough
- What causes a hoarse throat
- Hoarse voice caused by excessive crying
- What could be the cause of hoarseness
- Voice hoarseness causes
- What causes hoarse voice in pulmonary hypertension
- Earwax cause hoarse voice
- Causes of hoarse voice pregnancye
- Intermittent hoarse voice causes
- Hoarse voice causes for elderly
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?