• question-icon

What causes hissing noise in head and low energy levels?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: My wife has been experiencing a constant hissing sound in her head. In doing the online research both atrioventricular malformation and tinitus come up as possible causes. Neither seems to quite fit the XXXXXXX Besides the hissing she's experiencing lower energy levels, however no headaches, fever or other symptoms of anything wrong.

Thanks, XXXXXXX XXXX
000-000-0000
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety/Brain imaging study.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX bollmann,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

If you would have presented to me as an outpatient with this symptom,I would have told you that With just hissing sound in the head as a symptom,it is unlikely to be a definite organic disease.

However,a MRI of Brain can be done to rule out any structural lesion including a-v malformation.

Tinnitus is one of the important differentials in this case.Please follow-up with your ENT specialist for the same.

Lastly,Anxiety can also be a cause of this symptom.

For now,I suggest you to incorporate mental relaxation exercises like meditation/yoga in your routine life.Make your life as stress free as possible.

If the symptoms continue to happen,get a brain imaging done.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(NEUROLOGY)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist