What causes hip pain while walking?
He does see his Dr on a regularly for his blood work and check ups. His blood work is always very good.
Canes or walking sticks are useful
Thanks for your query.
From description it seems that he is suffering from arthritis hip. It is important to maintain as much activity and joint motion as possible.
Canes or walking sticks are useful, particularly when the arthritis affects only one side. It is important to use the cane in the opposite hand from the bad hip or knee. This allows him to lean away from the bad leg, taking weight off of it.
HIP INJECTIONS - Injection therapies do not cure the underlying problems of arthritis, but can be useful for short term relief (potentially for a few months).
With the above measures, he should get adequate pain relief making him to perform his activities of daily living (ADL's) comfortably.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Thanks you for you suggestions and I will let you know if it helps him.
Please keep me updated about her progress.
I am glad to know that I could address your concern.
You are most welcome for further queries. Please keep me updated about her progress.
You can close the discussion if you have no further query. I will appreciate your review about this service.
You can consult me again directly through my profile.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treated for Facet joint syndrome. Suffer pain in lower lumbar region...
- Broke calcaneus, have swelling and pain in heel and toenail when weight...
- What causes diffrence in the testicle size?
- Could a botched injection cause synovitis?
- Can NSAID be taken daily to prevent shoulder inflammation due to arthritis?
- What causes acute pain over the hip bone?
- Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency
- What causes leg cramps at night?
- What causes multiple joint pain?
- What does swelling and pain on knees indicate?