What causes high urine output during night post bladder reconstruction?
Yes, there are ways
thanks for your query.
You are doing well after a major surgery. However, the problems related to neobladder can be worrisome. Many patients have this problem of nocturnal increased urine and enuresis while being continent in daytime.
There are various drugs for this problem (apart from reduced water intake from evening), like oxybutynin, verapamil and low dose desmopression at bedtime. Desmopressin is a hormone which reduces urine water temporarily and can cause big improvement in the problem.
You can discuss these options with your urologist. I am sure one orthe other will work for you.
Hope this helps. I will be available for follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bladder incontinence
- What causes bladder stones
- What causes pinching sensation bladder and delayed urination
- Bladder what can be causing it
- What causes lesions in the bladder
- Cause for the urine to leak from the bladder
- What causes bladder polyps
- Root cause for uncontol urine in bladder
- What is causing the feeling of full bladder after urination
- What causes thicking of bladder