question-icon

What causes high triglyceride level in blood?

Posted on Fri, 15 May 2015
Question: My personal doctor said I have high triglycerides. He told me to take 4 fish oil supplement pills daily. Is it safe to take 4 pills when the label to the supplements only says to take 2 daily?
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
There will be no harm if you take 4 pills

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

I think there will be no harm if you take 4 pills, even if it is recommended to take two on the label.
But if I were your doctor, I would try to advise you exercise much, lose weight if you are overweight and eat healthy diet at first. Because you have low risk in your age, unless you have diabetes mellitus.

Hope I can help you

Wishing you good health

In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask

Follow up: Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan (9 hours later)
Okay, thank you.
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:

Wishing you good health

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist