What causes high testosterone levels in a female?
Please give some more information.
I read the result of the exams you reported.
Apart from the exams results there is some clinical data very important to know;
-Please specify your height and weight.
-Your symptoms and signs.
- Are you taking any medication actually ( for blood pressure, lipids etc.?)
-Have you done complementary exams for high testosterone ( abdominal ultrasound of the ovaries, adrenal gland etc.)
Please prescribe a more detailed medical history.
Will be a pleasure to answer again.
Exams to do.
Now the situation is a bit clear.
High testosterone level at your age may be due to;
-Policystic ovarian syndrome that has been present before
-Ovarian or adrenal tumors
The most probable cause is the hydrocortisone that you are taking from years, even though with low doses and topical it can cause cushing disease.
What is the most important thing now, is to exclude an ovarian or adrenal tumor.
You mentioned a mass that was diagnosed before but didn't specify where the mass was.
Any way what you need to do now is;
-DHEAS and 17-Oh progresterone
-Cortisol level at the 24 hours collected urine
-Ultrasound of the ovaries and uterus.
It will be a pleasure to contact again after the above results.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High testosterone level no specific symptoms prescribed testosterone please advise
- Herpes treatment and high testosterone levels
- High testosterone levels in women
- High testosterone causes
- Trying to concieve high testosterone levels can i concieve
- High testosterone levels in men
- Why am i having high testosterone levels
- Pcos high testosterone levels took aldactone liver injured solution
- High testosterone level how can this be treated
- Does high testosterone levels raise igf1 and gh levels