• question-icon

What causes high libido after increasing Lamictal dosage?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello,
Can going from 100mg of Lamictal to 200mg of Lamictal increase libido? I'm not sure I'm liking this medicine at all. I was fine on100mg band I've only been on 200mg for a week but my libido is through the roof. And to make matters worse I don't live with my fiancé. When I was on the 100mg I was feeling depressed. Do you have any suggestions? Thoughts? This is a very embarrassing subject for me. I plan on talking to my psychiatrist on Wednesday.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lamictal increases libido!

Detailed Answer:

I understand your feelings. You are right. Lamictal increases libido. It is therefore not surprising that you are experiencing this. Unfortunately, you don't live with your fiancee which makes it difficult to address this easily. It will be a good idea to discuss with your doctor and should nothing else change in the interim, he should consider replacing or adjusting the dose. Besides, do you think your symptoms are better controlled with the 200mg than the 100mg dose?

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah