• question-icon

What causes high heart rate along with elevated homocysteine and CRP levels?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have fast heart rate for the last one year usually 90 plus and small activity it goes above 100 especially after eating it's goes above 100 , after exercise it goes up very quick and valley take an hour to comes down unless I lie down , my resting heart rate is usually 8o plus I conducted an YET last year it was ok , couple of days back i checked my lipid , CRP, homocytene etc and found it too be high especially my CRP and homocytene, I also have chronic proasis as well , please suggest also i read high CRP and homocytene is linked to heart disease and can cer we please advi e
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Homocystein is suggestive of future cardiac risk.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking query on HCM dear.
CRP are indicator of inflammation in body.Psoriasis is a disease associated with inflammation hence CRP would always be on higher side in your case.Homocysteine is a common amino acid in your blood. You get it mostly from eating meat. High levels of it are linked to early development of heart disease.It’s associated with low levels of vitamins B6, B12, and folate hence these supplements should be started to lower down the levels of homocystein in blood.
Heart rate from 60-100/ minutes is absolutely normal.

As a protocol every person more then 25 years of age should go for stress test and 2 d echo oncecin a year to rule out probability of cardiac disease.

Suggestion-
Take a multivitamin daily.
Take anti oxidant daily.
Walk fast fir at least 45 minutes a day.

If 2 d echo and stress tests are normal crp and homocystein has no significance.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 6 minutes later
stress test mean ETT heart test on tread milk?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes it's tread mill test.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Yes stress test means Treadmill test only.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist