question-icon

What causes high fever with excessive sweating, chills, and headache?

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: This is the 4th day and I feel worse each day! Symptons: high fever(102.3 this morning) and they break several times a day and then I am drenched with sweat, body aches, arms, legs, back and headaches, calls that are like cold flashes that last 15 minutes
Answered by Dr. Divakara (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Its Infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Greetings from Dr.Divakara. P

Its due to infection that too a bacterial infection. You need to be started on Antibiotic therapy. Kindly ask your doctor for an Antibiotic prescription.

Also you need to undergo certain test to know what infection you have got. In that regard I would advise the following tests :

Complete Hemogram, IgM Typhi Dot, Smear for Malaria parasite, Urine routine, SGPT,SGOT.

Revert back to me with the reports.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask.

Regards.

Dr. Divakara