What causes high fever followed by red spots on tongue?
Reasonably good during the day, little lethargic and has had high fever at times earlier on a few days ago which is now low grade. Today I have checked her tongue and it has tiny red spots over the majority.
What do you think? Roseola, Bronchiolitis, Chest Infection, Croup? its a high pitched sort of cough as if trying to rid a tickle and loosen mucous, I don't think she sounds like a Seal barking!
looks like allergic cough along with infection
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
From your description it looks like your child has allergic cough probably triggered by a virus, with superadded bacterial infection.
The red spots and fever point towards superseded bacterial infection.
I think your child will need bronchodilators and a course of antibiotics.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gums to hurt and high fever
- Red spot on child with high fever
- In high fever red dot what it is
- What causes uti with high fever and coughing
- Seizures caused by high fever
- High fever red spots
- What causes persistent high fever
- What causes breathing difficulty with palpitations and high fever
- What causes breathing problem and recurrent high fever
- What causes twitching of eyes with high fever