What causes high fever and painful defecation in children?
My 4 year old daughter got sudden high temperature on Sunday early morning (3rd may, 3 AM). Her poop in morning was white and painful as she cried. We took her to doctor at 12PM. He adviced probiotic drops and Bacigyl N and Ibugesic for fever (as meftal p doesnt work on her).
Fever details :
3 PM , 5PM,
2 Am, 2PM
5th May, 6AM
Her poop is not white anymore. But i wonder why the fever still comes. We completed 2 days of medication. How long should we continue the medication and is this expected. There was no vomit, no loose motions.
It seems to be a case of viral infection
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Most often such episodes of fever are due to certain viral infections. Irrespective of treatment, usually it takes 5-7 days to resolve. So, it is not unusual if it continues for the next few days. You have to be a bit patient. You need to give her Ibugesic whenever the temperature is above 100°F.
Unless the child becomes lethargic, you need not worry. If the fever lasts for more than 7 days, you should consult a doctor.
Dr. Diptanshu Das
should she be on bed rest? when can she join school?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gums to hurt and high fever
- What to do in high fever with children
- What causes uti with high fever and coughing
- Seizures caused by high fever
- What causes runny nose with high fever and leg pain
- What causes persistent high fever
- What causes breathing difficulty with palpitations and high fever
- High fever with stomach pain in children
- What causes breathing problem and recurrent high fever
- What causes twitching of eyes with high fever