What causes high creatinine levels?

Dr. Rudina Balliu

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my creatine kinase level is high what can cause this and how can I lower it help
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The treatment according to the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello ! Thank you for posting your question here.
CK-Creatine Kinase is a enzyme that when it's high indicate one of these problems : heart problem ( myocardial muscle damage ) , your muscles ( skeletal muscles or damage of brain.
I would write the normal range 38-174 ( I don't know your Ck-level), in consideration should be taken other test results and you symptoms of you have .
The treatment should be according to the main cause, here are some possibilities, you can think about:
-myocardial infarction ( Do you have any chest pain or orher symptoms that can indicate heart problems?,in this case you need to do another test -Troponine levels .
-kidney problems .
-muscles breakdown - ( Do you take any medication that may affect you skeletal muscles ?,statins , fibrates..ect),heavy physical activity, low thyroid levels ( hypothyroidism ),inflammatory or infection myopathies ,high fever ,muscles trauma.
-brain-epilepsy.
You should talk about all this with your treating doctor, to do some examinations and to confirm the diagnosis and according to the cause start the treatment.
Hope these are helpful.
Take Care !
Dr Balliu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad