What causes high calcium levels in blood?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have high calcium in my blood 11.0 My parathyroid haqs been scanned, no abnormaladies What kind of a doctor should I see. Mime is an internest and wants me to see a surgeon.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See a rheumatologist!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I will like to know if you have any form of anemia. Also, do you have back pain and what is the color of your urine? Is it cloudy?

These questions because high calcium levels in an elderly must raise the diagnosis of a possible multiple myeloma. Has this possibility been considered in your case seen the negative findings that may have explained increased calcium levels like parathyroid tumors, cancers, etc. If this has been ruled out as a possibility, then that's great.

Do you take any form of vitamin supplementation like VitD and calcium? What about milk consumption or antacids containing calcium?

I will await your responses to these questions for further analyses. I don't think a surgeon is the exact next person you may have to see at this time but we would probe further. There may be a piece of information that we are missing out on at this time.

Let me hear from you.
Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications as needed.

Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
I have a copy of my tests. What tells me if I have anemia? My urine is pale yellow to almost clear.I was taking calcium up until this started about two years ago. I was taking vitamin D 5000 units up to 2 0r3 weeks ago.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please, can you upload your results for reading!

Detailed Answer:

please, try and upload your results as an attachment so that I can take a look and provide you with a more detailed and personalized information regarding this.

Thanks.
I do not know hoe to upload my test results, however my family is arriving on Thursday the 17th. I am sure they can help me. Is that ok?
Brief Answer:
That's fine!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this update.

I will wait and do expect to hear from you then.

I wish you well.