What causes high blood sugar levels even after Glycomet intake?

Diabetologist
Question
I am diabetic since 1999, recently I am using Azilux-2MF at the time of breakfast, PPG0-25 at lunch, Glycomet 250 in the nght, but the sugar levels are in betwenn 150 to 155 in FBS and 190 in PLBS, can I use Zomelis-50, AND IS IT STABLISE TH ESUGAR LEVELS
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it helps in controlling blood sugar levels.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir, I had gone through your query and understood your concerns.

Sir, in long standing diabetes, its normal than after some time, an increase of dose is necessary in order to control the sugar levels. What the doctor done is absolutely the same thing. Yes you can take Zomelis 50mg which is also very effective anti diabetic drug. Along with the medication Diet and exercise also help in controlling blood sugar levels. Try to maintain proper diet and active life style.

Hope this guides you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can please close the discussion and rate the answer. Thank you.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala.
Diabetologist.

Follow-up: What causes high blood sugar levels even after Glycomet intake? 7 hours later
Is there any risk in using the Zomelis and will haveany side effects? Kindly clarify

Brief Answer:
Side effects are very rare.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome back.

To enlist, every drug has side effects. But very rarely occur for most of the drugs. For your clarification I mention her the side effects. But they very rarely occur. Though they occur, very soon body adjusts to the drug.

They are muscle aches, fever, swelling of feet and lower legs, mild paresthesia, dizziness, headache, fatigue, Nausea, asthenia, hypoglycemia.

Dr Phanindra Dulipala.
Diabetologist.