What causes high blood sugar levels despite following a healthy lifestyle?

Diabetologist
Question
Dear Sir, Please review reports from the blood sugar perspective and provide your view.

I don't take any medicines as I never had diabetics. I had been having very high levels in the year of 2016 but i followed the healthy life style and long walks for 10 km every day and my high levels has been reduced.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep following healthy lifestyle.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.

Went through your history mentioned & test results.
HbA1c of 5.7 (5.7 to 6.4) denotes Pre-diabetes.
For which calories restricted diet regular exercise is advisable. Keep following healthy lifestyle.

There is a vitamin D deficiency.
For which I may suggest Soft gel capsule or powder XXXXXXX containing Cholecalciferol 60K once a week for 8 weeks.

All other blood test like Complete haemogram, Liver function test, Renal function test, Lipid Profile, Thyroid function are within acceptable limits and do not require additional medical line of treatment.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Abhay Mali.
Diabetologist.

Follow-up: What causes high blood sugar levels despite following a healthy lifestyle? 47 minutes later
thank you Sir for your reply. Can you please clarify how I am in pre-diabetic range it is just because of the my sugar level, is it really worrying that I am going to be diabetic after certain age? how can I reverse this? i am doing walk every day for 10 kms for 2 hours.

Soft gel capsule or powder XXXXXXX containing Cholecalciferol 60K once a week for 8 weeks. This should I take with Water or Milk?

Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
HbA1c value is in pre-diabetic range.

Detailed Answer:
HbA1c value
5.7 to 6.4 denotes Pre-diabetes.
6.4 or more denote Diabetes.

Progression of Pre-diabetes to diabetes depends upon
- Family history of Diabetes.
- Life style.
- BMI (Body Mass Index).

So rather than worrying try to concentrate on healthy life style which you already following also try to maintain weight in healthy BMI range.

I may suggest-
- Regular blood pressure monitoring.
- Fasting and Post-prandial blood sugar level.
- Repeat HbA1c and Lipid Profile after 3 to 4 months.

Cholecalciferol can taken with water or milk.

Hope this helps you.