• question-icon

What causes high blood pressure?

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My blood pressure has been unusually high for a couple of days now, even after just waking up from sleep. Heart rate is normal.
BP measured from an Omron wrist cuff: Averaging 180-210/114-120
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to add another medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that few things needs to be taken care of

1. BP apparatus needs to be cross checked for accuracy

2. Get your Bp checked manually by some health personnel. If that's also is high then

3. Another group of anti hypertensive needs to be added up like ARB's (Telmisartan)

So it's advisable that you should consult your doctor and get a written prescription.

Also along with medication you need to follow healthy lifestyle habits like going for a walk daily, avoiding junk and fried food item, cutting down salt intake, coffee and smoking should be avoided completely.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist