What causes high blood pressure?
Need more information
I would like to know for how long have you been taking diovan 160 mg
Also whether you have some lifestyle changes, or have gained weight or changed the diet before your blood pressure increases. And how long did you have elevated blood pressure before your doctor changed the dose.
It seems there is a coincidence of your elevated blood pressure with the dose increase. The reason for high blood pressure during last time can be weight gain and stress, even if you keep calm.
It is indicated to change the dose or add another medication with low dose if blood pressure is not controlled well.
Usually I go with combination of another low dose medication, but the decision of your doctor is also ok. You should wait another 7 days to see the results. If there will be no change in your blood pressure, you can discuss with your doctor the possibility of change the medication.
Hope I could help you
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of high blood pressure
- What causes erratic high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and a tightening of the chest
- Nyquil cause high blood pressure
- Tonsillitis cause high blood pressure
- Lucozade causes high blood pressure
- Alcohol cause high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and what are the cure
- What is cause of high blood pressure at night
- Sudafed cause high blood pressure