• question-icon

What causes high blood pressure and tingling sensation in the left arm?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My left arm has been sort of tingly since yesterday. I have high blood pressure but am medicated. Currently my numbers are 174/94. Should I contact my doctor.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What medications are you on?

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Your numbers are not terribly in need of an immediate intervention from your doctor. The plan is to take your medications as recommended and monitor the numbers. However, I will like to know what drugs you are on and the various dosages. Also, take another blood pressure reading and report with the next follow up message.

The tingle and numbness are not caused by the increased blood pressure. The values have not reached the level requiring that often qualify as hypertensive urgency in which such numbers call for immediate intervention.

I hope to hear back from you. I hope this responses also lessens your worries as that alone would be helpful in addressing your increased blood pressure.

Waiting!
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Thanks that makes me feel a bit better. I take 25Mg of coreg twice a day and 100 mg of cozaar in the morning. Pressure down to 154/94.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Continue to monitor only!

Detailed Answer:

Monitor only and report progress to me.

Am always available to respond to your concerns.
Dr. Ivo Ditah