What causes high bilirubin levels in blood?
Thanks for the query.
High levels of bilirubin in blood can be caused by various reasons which need to be investigated for proper treatment.
Physiological jaundice as it happens in newborns
Inherited problems like Gilbert's syndrome
Infections like cholecystitis ( infection of gall bladder)
Presence of stones in gall bladder or common bile duct
Other diseases like cirrhosis,various types of hepatitis,etc
I think it serves the purpose for you,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have high bilirubin level what is wrong
- What is a high bilirubin level
- High bilirubin levels and low blood sugar
- What hereditary diseases cause high bilirubin levels
- High bilirubin level in blood work
- What is high bilirubin levels in adults
- Can dehdrydration cause high bilirubin level
- Causes high bilirubin levels in teens
- What is considered high bilirubin levels
- High bilirubin level caused by dehydration
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?