What causes high bilirubin levels in adults?
Recently I have diagnosed with high BP. Doctor suggested me to go for Ambulatory BP monitoring and based on that results he advised me to take Optidoz for a month. For past few days i am noticing stool in form of liquid. Also i am attaching my reports for your help.
I am also taking Arjunarishta
My queries are :
1. I have noticed in my LPD test, my bilirubin is little high. What measures should I opt and also should i continue with the medicine.
2. Do you suggest me some other test as well.
Also I have done with 2D echo and ECG all reports came normal.
Some times I feel that something is happening in my stomach and chest.Also sometimes i have headache.
Need your valuable suggestion as am already 26 years and high BP at this age is not a good sign.
Arjunishta can cause loose motions.
Thanks for posting your query.
I need to know since how long you have been taking Arjunarishta and for what purpose , because this medicine can cause loose motions. This information is important to know whether the loose motions is due to the medicine only or due to some other problem.
Second there are no reports attached in this query. Kindly upload them again.
Regarding your high bilirubin if the liver enzymes are normal then nothing extra precautions needs to be taken . Just avoid non veg food and oily food.
I do suggest certain additional tests for you.
Ultrasound Abdomen with Renal artery doppler.
Urine Sodium, Potassium , Microalbumin.
24 hour urinary Metanephrines.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.
Thank you very much for reply !!!
I tried to attach the file but due to large in size, could not get success.
I am taking arjunrishta from last 1.5 month. Let me try again to upload the file, I have gone with many test and try to share the result again
Get one Stool routine test.
Thanks for the follow up.
Your reports are visible now .
Your Bilirubin levels are slightly elevated , there is no need for any treatment for that.
Your loose motions could be a side effect of Arunrista or it could be infection of the gut. A simple test called Stool routine will tell us the cause. Kindly get it done and revert back to me .
Rest follow as advised in my previous reply.
Arjunrishta is used for treating high blood pressure. This is ayurvedic syrup suggested by the one of the doctor.
I have done with the LFT and RFT test, reports also shared with you last time. Do you still suggest me to undergo for Abdomen ultrasound and Renal Doppler.
Also would like to share that i feel heavy head and feels tired even i have taken sleep for 7 hours. Sometimes feel chest is paining but after having food it all go. Also while working it seems it feels my vision is not appropriate. I am not able to focus on thing.
I am too much worried at this stage please help.
Get your Eye check Up done .
Thanks for the follow up .
I have went through all of your reports previously and now . The tests which I have advised is to check for the cause for Hypertension at this age.
The only test which has been advised for your loose motions is Stool Routine to differentiate whether your loose motions is due to Infection or side effect of Arjunista.
Coming to your headache and visual Problem it can happen if your Blood pressure is not under control , after using the medications is your pressure under control?
Also if at all you have high blood pressure for a long time ( for years ) then it could have damaged your Retina ( Part of eye ) which may result in Visual problem. My recommendation is to get FUNDUS EXAMINATION by an eye doctor.
For the time you can take Combiflam for the headache.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Kindly revert back with details asked and reports of tests advised.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have high bilirubin level what is wrong
- Side effects of high bilirubin levels in adults
- High bilirubin levels in adults
- What is a high bilirubin level
- What hereditary diseases cause high bilirubin levels
- What is high bilirubin levels in adults
- Can dehdrydration cause high bilirubin level
- Causes high bilirubin levels in teens
- What is considered high bilirubin levels
- High bilirubin level caused by dehydration
- Suggest treatment for problem in ejaculation
- What causes rashes while on treatment for laryngitis and fever?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- What causes large pupils and allergy to many drugs?
- What does a creatinine level of 160 suggest?
- What causes choking sensation in throat and difficulty breathing with...
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with vomiting
- What causes weakness in a diabetic and BP patient?
- What causes blood in stools?
- Suggest treatment for blockage in carotid artery