What causes high Vit D level?

Nephrologist
Question
Gastrologist or hematologist I am requesting.My blood work indicated a vitamin d level at 1342 which is very high and rare. I READ IT MAY BE THE RESULT OF KIDNEY OR LIVER DISEASE. I am concerned as to what test should I receive to rule any of this out.
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 39 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:

The report may be wrong and it would be better to get it repeated as it is really abnormal. When ever we see such an "outlier" from normal, it's always better to recheck either from the same lab or from some other reliable/ dependable laboratory.

Please get back to me after you get it rechecked from a reliable lab with the reports.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards.