What causes high BP, pressure in head, forehead and hot flashes?
Symptoms are because of higher blood pressure. Visit to doctor recommended
Hello , I am Dr. Mody and I would be addressing your concern.
All the symptoms you describe can be attributed to high blood pressure. It's very common to have blood pressure on higher side at your age , it's just maybe you had symptoms for the first time you noticed it .
The symptoms you describe fall under the domain of hypertensive urgency and if the blood pressure is more than 180 / 110 a visit to the ER or your doctor is strongly recommended.
Control of blood pressure in the next 24 hours based on acute values and other symptoms is of importance sos an imaging of the brain like CT scan may be justified if symptoms persists or deteriorate ls
Some general things you should follow are. 1) try maintaining blood pressure upper under 135 and lower under 85mm hg with lifestyle and medication 2) if overweight, losing weight should be a priority, try achieving bmi less than 25.3) 40-45 mins of aerobic exercise daily
4) be regular with your life, don't skip meals, sleep and exercise regimes 5) in diet -low salt. XXXXXXX 3 gms a day. - avoid preserved food as all preservatives have salt. - no frozen foods, chips, as all have high salt and. - atleast 2 serving of fresh fruits in a day. - 1 serving 35-40 gms of nuts like walnuts, almond to be included - if you take fish 2 serving of fatty fish per will like salmon. -avoid red meat, egg yellow, fried and spicy oily food - may shift to better oils like olive in cooking
6) may consider supplements, like cod fish oil capsules, flax seeds, chia seeds, krill oil as they have good content of omega 3 fatty acid.
Hoping I could help you. Do update me with some more details like the exact blood pressure so I can help you better .
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Palpitations high bp hot flashes sleeplessness what is the reason
- What causes high bp and kidney problems
- What causes persistent high bp
- Hot flashes occasional high bp suggest
- Hit your head causing high bp
- What causes persistent high bp during pregnancy
- High bp prescribed eritel-40 what is the cause
- What causes high bp
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- What causes high bp how to lower it