What causes high BP and pulsating sensation in the throat and abdomen?
Why not go to a pharmacy in your area for a BP check
Good evening. The sensation of the heartbeat that can be felt in the neck and chest can sometimes be due to a person's nervousness or anxiety about a particular situation. This could also be accompanied by fast heartrate and other symptoms of an adrenalin burst in the bloodstream.
If this is something new that came on due to a stressful situation and later subsided then, in all probability it was due to a stress induced issue for which rest and relaxation are the treatment. If this problem has not resolved and continues to bother you despite rest and relaxation then, I would recommend going to a local pharmacy to check on your heartrate and blood pressure to make sure that neither is significantly higher than normal.
If the heartrate is greater than 100 beats/min. or if the BP is 10-15 points higher than what you normally run at baseline then, I would recommend you go to either an Urgent Care Center or Emergency Room to be checked. They will likely get an EKG, labs and look at things such as your thyroid gland, your adrenal glands, make sure you don't have a fever, or an infection that is hiding out somewhere.
They may or may not choose more sophisticated testing depending upon your history and physical examination.
If I've provided useful and helpful information to your questions could you do me a huge favor by CLOSING THE QUERY and be sure to include some fine words of feedback along with a 5 STAR rating? Again, many thanks for submitting your inquiry and please let me know how things turn out.
Do not forget to contact me in the future at: www.bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi for additional questions, comments, or concerns having to do with this topic or others.
This query has utilized a total of 14 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes high bp and kidney problems
- What causes persistent high bp
- What causes high bp despite taking fosonopril
- What causes persistent high bp during pregnancy
- High bp prescribed eritel-40 what is the cause
- What causes high bp
- What causes weird headaches and high bp
- What causes high bp and slow heart rate
- What causes high bp how to lower it
- What causes rib pain with high bp
- Suggest treatment for numbness in my left hand’s fingers
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the fingers
- Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in the neck
- Suggest treatment for severe throat pain
- What does this MRI report indicate?
- Can an epileptic person take Vistaril?
- Suggest remedies for dizziness after electroconvulsive therapy treatment
- Suggest remedies for intolerance to Trazodone
- Suggest treatment for nausea, weakness and low BP
- What causes high BP and pulsating sensation in the throat and abdomen?