What causes hiccups with history of sinus surgery?
Not normal to have hiccoughs after sinus surgery.
Hi Madam XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query.
It is not normal to have hiccoughs after sinus or any other surgery.
What are other symptoms does he have. Please elucidate in detail.
Fever? Pain in upper abdomen? Respiratory problems like coughing?
What is the treatment being Given? Any blood reports?
I will be better able to help, when I know the answers to the above questions..
Waiting for your reply.
Good if he does not have other symptoms.
This is good that the hiccoughs are not continuous.
As per your history it comes only when your son sneezes.
This continues for an hour.
Try tablet Reglan (Metoclopromide) 10 mg - one tablet at 8 hourly duration( gap).
If there are no other symptoms as I noted , do not worry. This will settle. Many times the hiccoughs may not have a specific cause. Even a dryness of throat can instigate this.
Keep him well hydrated by plenty of oral fluids. Try some lozenges to chew. You can try honey to taste.
IF the symptoms continue he may need further investigations like ultrasonography to see the undersurface of the diaphragm, liver, spleen or so; blood investigations like urea and creatinine.
please keep us posted the progress.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus surgery and seizures
- Swimming after sinus surgery
- Can endoscopic sinus surgery cause eye twitching
- Sinus surgery what to expect
- Laparoscopic sinus surgery
- Sinus surgery hiccups
- Sinus surgery stitches
- Hiccups after sinus surgery
- Sinus surgery for chronic sinusitis
- Personality change sinus surgery
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...