What causes hematoma formation on thigh after an injury?
hematoma collection in dependent part like foot
I have studied your case.
Traumatic injury can lead to bruise due to hematoma formation.
This hematoma traverses through extra vascular space and leading to hematoma collection in dependent part like leg and foot.
Clinical examination is important to rule out knee or ankle ligament injury
For these symptoms analgesic and medication like Trypsin, chymotrypsin can be started.
Till time apply crepe bandage over thigh and leg or use supportive splint. Do ice fomentation and rest to limb.
If required you may need to do blood investigation for prognosis and recovery.
Colour Doppler study will help to know any vascular injury.
Take precaution to avoid infection around hematoma.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hematoma causes
- Subdural hematoma head injury
- What causes hematoma of sublingual papilla
- What is the cause of hematoma on left buttocks
- Thigh hematoma causing dent
- Calcified hematoma after injury removal
- Leg injury hematoma treatment
- Leg hematoma caused by injury
- What causes hematomas after surgery
- Hematoma in breast after injury