What causes hematoma below jaw bone post carotid endarterectomy?
Please give some more details.
Thank you for the query.
Where exactly is the hematoma? When was the endarterectomy done? Can you please attach an image of the hemaroma?
I`m looking forward to hearing from you.
Please have soft tissues ultrasound done.
Well, the hematoma you have is most likely in the soft tissues. Its not something that can be removed as this is not a real fluid collection. However, it is pretty long since the procedure. Usually hematoma is gone after a month or so. So it would be good to have an ultrasound and see if there is no real fluid collection there.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cervical block for carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid endarterectomy flying
- Flying after carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid endarterectomy post-op care
- After a carotid endarterectomy cani fly
- Carotid endarterectomy recovery
- Carotid endarterectomy procedure steps
- Carotid endarterectomy hematoma
- Carotid endarterectomy medscape
- Right carotid endarterectomy procedure