• question-icon

What causes hemaorrhoids?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello i currently have problems with a my anal area i have had this for years and had a endoscopy as well. I attach a photo
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seem to be hemorrhoids,following info required for best guidance

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the photo you attached and noted the presence of hemorrhoids.
Have you had problems with constipation?
Personal history of anal sexual habits?
Can you please provide the results of colonoscopy?
What meds have you been using so far?

All these info are necessary for best guidance!
Thank you.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 56 minutes later
I am just using cream but i havent done anal or will ever i have ibs so that could be realtion
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibly IBS associated constipation;candida overgrowth to exclude though..

Detailed Answer:
Hi back XXXXXXX

IBS is also causing hemorrhoids or laceration of the anal area as it is accompanied by alteration in bowel movements (constipation and diarrhea; I believe you are having constipation problems).

I still think you should get your stool cultured to rule out candida infection. Increase fluids intake and avoid those foods that would cause constipation.

Prep H is the cream mostly used in these cases, can you please provide the name of the cream you are currently taking?

Thank you!
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini