What causes heel pain?

Posted on Tue, 22 Apr 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have heel pain on the back of the heel. There are no irritations . I feel pain when I start to walk until it is worming up.I have no medical insurance so I want to find a medication to take without prescription.What it must be?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that heel pain can have multiple causes and without examination it will not be possible to diagnose the condition . Treatment can only be recommended only when diagnosis is made but still by the history you have told it looks like you are having plantar fascitis . I will advise you to take contrast water bath and wear silicon soles in your shoes . Avoid high heels and prefer sports shoes. For pain you can take paracetamol 500 mg if there is no contraindication and after consulting your family doctor . I will advise you to see a rheumatologist for this . Also get your metabolic profile like calcium levels and vitamin D levels done to rule out any metabolic deficiency. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 23 minutes later
what does it mean contrast water? As I see the plantar fascitis is the ligament type tissue streching across the bottom of foot.i do not fel pain on the bottom.Does the planar fascitis effects to the area up of the back heel where my pain is?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Contrast water bath means you take hot water and cold water in two tubs put your feet in one for 30 seconds then in other for same time . Do this for 10 minutes every day before retiring to bed . Yes plantar fascitis can affect that area also . But without examination it will be difficult to say anything . Also achillis tendinitis can give similar features but thatt can be established only after examination as to waht is leading to this. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist