What causes heavy vaginal bleeding with headache, diarrhea, vomiting and rashes on body?

Dr. Arun

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I'm afraid I might have toxic shock syndrome, I recently had my period for a month and wore tampons a lot, I have had headaches and now a rash but no fever?
Answered by Dr. Arun 2 minutes later
If you doubt, go immediately to the doctor.

You should start anti staphylococcus drugs for the same immediately.
Follow up: Dr. Arun 3 minutes later
I have had diarrhea but it could easily be from being sensitive to lactose and having too much, i havent been vomiting though but i have been very tired .
Answered by Dr. Arun 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Culture and Sensitivity will help in diagnosis and treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Your symptoms are suggestive of toxic shock syndrome.

Four doubt you can go for the culture and sensitivity from the affected part followed by toxin assessment.

This will guide you for treatment part.

You can ask me for further query here.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj